The “cardo”, or main street, of the ruined Roman city of Apamea.
The cardo and its remaining columns stretch for some 1.5 kilometres, a reminder of this city’s past splendour and wealth which was once home to 500,000 people.
- neophytou likes this
- winterlaurent likes this
- davereed likes this
- readinglist32 likes this
- thedaylightworldofbrian likes this
- leicafoto reblogged this from acidadebranca
- leicafoto likes this
- acidadebranca reblogged this from myhistoryblog
- acidadebranca likes this
- thesplendidobsession likes this
- flawlessescape reblogged this from myhistoryblog
- with-a-sense-of-wonder reblogged this from victoriarising
- victoriarising reblogged this from myhistoryblog
- myhistoryblog posted this