Cliff Palace is with its 150 rooms and 23 kivas the largest dwelling of the whole of North America. It is estimated to have a population of approximately 100 people. Construction started around 1190 AD (based on ring dating) and continued till 1260 although most construction was finished in the first 20 years. From 1300 AD, the dwellings were abandoned.
At Mesa Verde NP, Colorado, USA.
- worncoats likes this
- thomortiz likes this
- laydownyourtreasure reblogged this from myhistoryblog
- bertholdt-fubar likes this
- mineferu likes this
- courtkneeee likes this
- solosetup likes this
- fuckyeahforensicanthropology reblogged this from gwebarchaeology
- pyramid-power reblogged this from myhistoryblog
- multipletrees likes this
- myhistoryblog posted this